[meteorite-list] Correction To "The Usselo Soil and the Younger Dryas Extraterrestrial Impact Hypothesis"

From: Paul <bristolia_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:11:37 -0700 (PDT)

I need to correct my previous post, "The Usselo Soil and the Younger
Dryas Extraterrestrial Impact Hypothesis". Its third paragraph should
read:

"One important point that this paper makes is that what
has been called either the ?Usselo Horizon? or ?Usselo
Layer? is not a "layer" in terms of being a tabular
depositional body of either rock or unconsolidated sediment
created separately from the sediments above and below it.
Rather, it is a relict, buried Albic Arenosol and Brunic
Arenosol (paleosol) that developed in preexisting sediment
as the result of a period of surface weathering during a
period of nondeposition. As a paleosol, it is pedolostratigraphic
marker horizon, not a depositional horizon as some
proponents of the Younger Dryas extraterrestrial impact
hypothesis imply by the use of the term ?horizon?."

the first paragraph should read:

"A new paper, which in press in ?Boreas? about the
Usselo Soil and the Younger Dryas extraterrestrial impact
hypothesis, has recently appeared. It is:"

I apologize for not being a better editor.

Best regards,

Paul H.