[meteorite-list] Proudly presenting NWA 5764 LL6-L4, the first ever LL-L chondrite

From: Rob Lenssen <rlenssen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:56:42 +0200

Dear List,

I want to share with you the special event, of the first meteorite I have
had classified, that has been fully approved by the Nomenclature Committee
of the Meteoritical Society.

And a special meteorite it turned out to be!
The unclassified 502g Acfer I bought in 2003 was given an NWA name due to
the unavailability of find coordinates.
NWA 5764 has been approved as an LL6-L4 breccia. The first ever LL-L
chondrite!

For Meteoritical Bulletin details, search for "NWA 5764":
http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php

Special thanks go to J. Gattacceca (CEREGE) and M. Denise (MNHN) for their
classifying effort.

Pictures of external and internal structure can be found at:
http://home.planet.nl/~rlenssen/NWA5764.html

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Rob Lenssen