[meteorite-list] Introducting NWA 5730 L3.2, S2, W1

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2009 21:08:17 UT

Rob wonders:

"I am trying to draw some more attention to my beautiful unequilibrated
chondrite NWA 5730. It puzzles me that it is not completely sold out yet"

Hi Rob and List,

I can come up with two potential answers to your not-yet-sold out "puzzle":

No. 1 has nothing to do with meteorites but with the extremely bad, financial
and economic situation worldwide. I do think twice before I spend money on
anything at the moment.

No.2 is about meteorites: Your *beautiful* NWA 5730 seems to be paired with
GIPO's NWA 5697 and because NWA 5697 is so very beautiful and so rich in
porphyritic chondrules, I, for my part, already own three slices of that chondrule
wonder so that I don't "need" another specimen.

Best from Germany,

Bernd