[meteorite-list] ONE AD PER WEEK I have an idea!

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:42:34 EDT

I agree with Dean, the negative vibe on this list has been high. I can
think of several people whom I respect in the meteorite world (some who work
in teaching and or research) that will not use the list because of this
atmosphere.

Let's face it, the list is about communication of information on
meteorites. That might be scientific information or sales information. Were all
collectors so it's "ALL GOOD"! Abuse of advertising should be addressed by
the list administrator ONLY! All sounding off from anyone about anything
related to advertising does harm to the list and it's reputation (right now
it has earned a very hostile reputation).

My idea? Let's start a new thread on your favorite dealers.

I'll start and I'll start with Dean Bessey. Dean was one of the first
dealers to offer beautiful unclassified NWA's for (at the time) unheard of low
prices. No where could you get large beautiful meteorites for the price
he was asking. It is because of Dean I got hooked on meteorites. Over many
years I have purchased over 200 Kg (no kidding) from him and have loved
every one.

Dean has launched many new meteorite collectors.

Thanks Dean, Tom Phillips

In a message dated 4/30/2009 7:06:45 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,