[meteorite-list] Curiosity- Possible Meteorite?

From: Greg Stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:40:38 -0700

Mike/All:

I asked the seller a question whether it was magnetic and he responded:

"I
have checked it with a regular magnet, and it seems like it may be
slightly magnetic...But I don't have a rare earth magnet, just a
refrig, mag...And I have other classifide meteorites that are hardly
magnetic at all..... I hope this helps you. Thanks for asking"

Interesting that he has other meteorites. It's hard to tell from the photo, thus is a good meteowrong. My guess would be a Hemetite.

Is there Iron Oxides in the region of Ohio?

Greg S