[meteorite-list] Interesting crystal in meteorite - what is it?

From: Pekka Savolainen <nuuska_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 01:55:32 +0300

To me the form of the crystal looks like typical plagioglace feldspar,
(labradorite), (anorthosite + albite),
/N//a/(/A//l//S//i/3/O/8)/C//a/(/A/12/S//i/208).

You can find some pics of the crystals of finnish iridecent labradorite
(Spectrolite) from;

http://www.finnishspectrolite.com/finlang/galleria/kuvat/spektroliitti012.html

Just my 2 cents, please, let us know, what it really is, when have the piece
analyzed :-)

best,

pekka s

--