[meteorite-list] Donating Almahata Sitta to Richard Kowalski

From: Herbert Raab <hraab_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:31:53 +0200

Hello everyone,

I have been askes in a private message if the amont we have collected
so far is enough to purchase a smaple of the Almahata Sitta meteorite.

Everyone can check the specimens that are avilable for a given amount
ath this page. (Note that the dealer that offer these samples has offered
a 20% discount when we purchase a sample for Richard):

http://www.haberer-meteorite.de/english/Asteroid%202008%20tc3/Asteroid%202008%20TC3.html

As everyone can see, the amount collected so far is enough to buy a
sample, but one of the smaller samples available. So any additional
donations will help us to get a more representative sample, and are
therefore certainly not for nothing.

I don't know what size of specimen we may get from the Jenniskens-
Shaddad, if a donation for the University of Khartoumm can be agreed
upon. But offering a higher donation would certainly also help in that
case. :-)

  Cheers, Herbert