[meteorite-list] Question on Toluca Sample that I came across on ebay

From: Kashuba <mary.kashuba_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 14:57:17 -0700

Mark, List,

It looks to me like an etched iron meteorite slice that has been clear
coated and is rusting. Corrosion will boil up and worm its way around under
coatings. Some Toluca have prominent troilite. None is obvious in this
slice but it still could very well be a Toluca. Maybe someone read a
description somewhere that mentioned troilite, saw the Widmanst?tten pattern
and figured that is what the "crossed lines" are. You might pick it up
cheap, refinish it and pray.

Regards,

- John

John Kashuba