[meteorite-list] Lampiayrie - I found a type and deposit mass!

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 13:32:09 +0200

Hi list!

Since days I'm making a radical house-cleaning.
(Really - dust, sweat & tears - and no marketing bushwah).

Yesterday I found a 25 gram Lampiayrie.

If you remember, that was the observed fall in Burkina Faso,
where apparently everybody relied on everybody, that he will care for
classification
- so that in the end nothing happened.

So many falls aren't found per year, so I guess we should get the things
straight, right?

That piece is sufficiently large enough for the required deposit,
so I would immolate it for the classification.
So that the collectors, who have it the collection, finally can take it out
again from the darkest corner of their drawers.

So Mike, Marcin and all, who had to do with that fall.
Please, I'd need the basic information about tkw, fall place, date ect.
Could we gather these data altogether together?

Or has meanwhile someone handed in a sample for classification?

And who of the classifiers here on the list, would like to make that fall?

Best!
Martin

(PS: Yah, I do a house-cleaning sale too, hundreds of pieces - good ones,
bad ones, small ones, large ones, good ones, crappy ones - all starting at
zero - though I don't use ebay, but put them up for a slow "auction" in the
German meteorite forum.
For the thing going more relaxed - cause I need that time for cleaning, and
so whenever I find new pieces, I constantly add them to the sale.
And without the triple-"b"-clamour. (Blow out, Ballpark, Bargain)
If you're interested in taking part in that affair, just send a private
email)