[meteorite-list] Silicated Campo question

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:48:33 -0700

Hi All,

What are those silicated Campos? Are they irons that have not yet completed it's differentiation, similar to pallasites? Or are they more like mesosiderites with the silicated material from an asteroid that have impacted another asteroid to the iron core? Or are they something else? Are the two materials unrelated to each other as in mesosiderites?

Doesn't matter at this point whether or not they are Campos (I remember reading somewhere they were found several hundred miles away), it's just a name anyway, but to my untrained eye they look more like mesos. Also, is the Toluca (b)(?) formed the same way?

Thanks in advance. Carl