[meteorite-list] Alternate Impact Point Resurfaces

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:33:24 -0400

I had a skype conversation with Dirk Ross tonight that resulted in him
sending me his google earth file for the mason dixon meteor. (don't
worry dirk the other top secret stuff you were working on did not come
in with the file you sent me).

I have published Dirk's map in comparison to Rob Matson's & Marc Fries
maps along with the back-story on my blog.

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/baltimore-pa-meteor/alternate-impact-point-re-surfaces/

It is scary how close dirk's impact point is to Rob & Marc's
especially considering Dirk only used the York Water video and eye
witness reports when he initially did his work a month ago. Dirk told
me he didn't use my picture in his initial trajectory projections
because of the controversy regarding its authenticity. I'm glad Rob
and Marc used my picture in their projections. Nice work Dirk! These
two points are crazy close. The force is strong with you.