[meteorite-list] 2nd Batch - Expedition photos Buzzard Coulee Spring Trip

From: McCartney Taylor <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:16:05 -0500

After I received word that the snow was melting I immediately flew up to Canada to continue the recovery effort. I pushed hard each day to get the most out of each day. I averaged 25-30 finds per day. However, I pushed myself too hard and within 4 days I developed a cough and fever. I laid low for a few days and my fever rose and eventually I had to go to the hospital for help. After some antibiotics to fight some kind of strep, 3 days later I was drugged enough to continue my efforts after losing a week. Still had the cough, though.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mccartneytaylor/BuzzardCouleeMeteoriteExpeditionApril2009?feat=directlink

At some point during the trip, I realized that the time I took to take a photo added up and it would cost me one stone by the end of each day. So I stopped taking photos of in situ finds.

By the end of the trip, I'd found over 200 stones with the smallest being 3g and the largest about 187. I broke the 4 kg mark, and walked away with 2 kg after paying the landowner his half. These will be for sale in a few months once the export permit comes. Several are oriented. Contact me.

After my return, my cough got worse and I have been treated for it for 4 months. Some expeditions have a higher price to pay than others.

-mt