[meteorite-list] In memoriam Darryl Futrell - Gone but not forgotten

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2009 11:26:10 UT

Dear List,

Saturday, 21 July 2001, Darryl sent me these lines:

"Would you believe I have a letter from the Chinese Academy of Sciences
 in Beijing, from one of their top two tektite researchers, inviting me to go
 there and do tektite field work with them?"

Monday, 13 August 2001, Darryl passed away after a severe heart attack.

Of course, he would have loved to accept this invitation, but, alas, in the
same mail he also wrote:

"Six or more years ago, I would have gone, but now there's no way."

Best wishes,

Bernd