[meteorite-list] Kem-Kem, the original "GENERIC" name for NWAs, Northwest African meteorites

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 03:18:03 -0500

Jeff,

Thanks again for your time and for bringing more light to the subject of the
origination of the names, NWA and Kem Kem. You mentioned about where the Kem
Kems went to and I forgot to mention that I have a piece of Kem Kem that I
purchased back when Planet Brey meteorites got specimens of Kem Kem and I
have it on ebay and if you want to have a look at it with the Original COA
that says Kem Kem and the information on the card, here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KEM-KEM-Meteorite-19-7g-IMCA-COA-Unclass-Probably-H5_W0QQitemZ270440268847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH

I added in the description that since it's technically Unclassified and
probably an H5.

Thanks again for your help and your wonderful and thorough explanation.

Brian Cox
IMCA # 6387

Searchingforfun is my ebay User ID

  [meteorite-list] Kem-Kem was never the generic for NWA