[meteorite-list] Moissanite

From: Pekka Savolainen <nuuska_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:56:35 +0300

Today nearly all moissanites (silicon-carbide) on the market are man made,
and older diamond-testers can?t find the difference between diamond and
moissanite (had to buy another tester, and it wasn?t cheap). So I?m not a
very big fan of moissanite ;-)

Natural moissanite is very rare, and it?s also very difficult to find
out, if stone
is synthetich or natural. Usually they are syntetichs, think natural
moissenite
it priced higher than diamond.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_carbide

best,