[meteorite-list] Question

From: Don Edwards <icedance_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:35:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

--- On Wed, 8/19/09, Greg Stanley <stanleygregr at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering what was the most valuable single meteorite
> - not scientific but the most value $/gram?
>
> Also, what is the most valuable type? Mars, Lunar or
> other?? Do Lunar meteorites still have the most value?

Just from my records of my collection, here are the most expensive $/gram:

Calcalong Creek $367,650 (M Casper source)
Mooresfort $48,475 (R Elliott source)
Chassigny $27,015 (M Blood source)
Lodran $25,500 (R Elliott source)
Lafayette $17,361 (M Blood source
Angra dos Reis $10,000
Glenrothes $10,000
Kobe $10,000
Govermador Valadares $9582
Wethersfield 1971? $8823
Pomozdino $8631
Forsbach $8333
Serra de Mage $7683
Darmstadt $7038
Peramiho $6733
Moore County $6463
LA 002 $6015
Wessely? $5813
Sylacauga $5572
Krahenberg? $4000

I didn't include the DAG/DHO/NWA etc because those prices have changed drastically over the years.

Overall my average $/g: Lunar $1554; Martian $1325.

Don