[meteorite-list] Question

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:53:22 EDT

Calcalong and Governador Valadares are good candidates.

I would suggest Chassigny. Not so much because it is a Martian but because
it is a Fall, almost 2 centuries old, a small meteorite, namesake of a whole
class of meteorites, and so far the only named meteorite in this tiny class.

Angra do Reis is another candidate, for similar reasons.

And then you have many meteorites who are entirely in Museums or
Institutions, and not available, no matter the ammount of money. Cabin Creek in
Vienna, Goose Lake in The Smithsonian, are but 2 examples. I am sure there are
many more examples.

Anybody cares to think up of some more of those un-obtainable meteorites?

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 8/19/2009 2:52:33 PM Mountain Daylight Time,