[meteorite-list] Question

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:40:03 -0600

Hi All,

Just a thought, but maybe to add some realism here, we should only
consider a price as a valid entry in the contest where 1) the sample
that sold was equal to or more than one gram in mass, and 2) it
actually sold for the noted price with payment in hard currency (as
opposed to trade, etc.).

Unfortunately the realism would take much of the fun out of this, but
also much of the hype.

I rarely spend more than a thousand a gram for a specimen in the gram
or larger size.

Best,

Martin