[meteorite-list] Cease fires and Cataloging and Displaying collections was question

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 21:49:53 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 8/19/09, steve arnold wrote:
People have to learn to grow up.
> ?Steve R. Arnold, Chicago!!

I was unsure I'd ever see a day I'd be in agreement with you Steve. I/We promised to not "bash" if you would stop doing things worthy of bashing. If you completely refrain from talking about it and I/we will also.

This has been a good cease fire arraignment so far so please don't push it. Seems to me that you would know you are pushing your luck with your other comments, knowing the things we have agreed to not talk about on list. I hope you are not doing it to inflame those members that think you have c******d, l**d to, or not p**d for meteorites you b*****t or that you s**d and t**k money for and n***r shipped or those who you may have g****n f**e meteorites to for example. If you are going to make comments "on list" knowing others have agreed to keep differences "off list" then are we to understand you are dropping the cease-fire? I hope not. Lets never mention them again nor give cause to mention them, Ok?

Lets talk about positive things we can agree on like your great meteorite display in the hall. Did yo make it yourself? For others--how to you keep the dust off? Do you prefer clear doors?

I like Steve's design and have been designing my own. The only other better display I've seen was the one made by Walter Branch which I think he sold on ebay meteorites and all.

I'd like to hear how others-- including Steve of course, store and catalog their collection. I wish my catalog had been up to date when I had my accident because I am having to do a lot of paperwork after the fact proving what was turned into very very expensive road gravel else swept up by the road cleaner and taken to a landfill. I do know when I get settled I'll be photographing EVERY Collectible I own. That will ensure I'll never have another calamity!

How do others maintain records for insurance purposes?

Regards
Elton