[meteorite-list] Cloudy Nights Space Rocks Forum

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:17:36 -0400

Hello Everyone,

As a follow-up from yesterday's posting about the website Cloudy Nights, I
would like to invite fellow Meteorite Central list members to check out the
"Space Rocks" forum at Cloudy Nights. Not as an alternative to Meteorite
Central, but simply as a nice place to visit and post. The members there
are very friendly congenial and are eager to learn and share information
about meteorites.

Meteorite Central list member Martin Horejsi (aka, Dark Matter here; Zagami
there) has a very delightful and informative (when is Martin not
informative - he is better than Burks' Cosmic Debris) running column titled
"A Few Good Meteorites" featuring fantastic pictures and text about old,
historic meteorites. If you have not seen this, you are missing out on what
could easily be published as a book about historically, scientifically and
culturally significant meteorites. It's that good!

Here is a link to the Space Rocks forum:
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/Metorites

Other areas of interest on Cloudy Nights include a Vendor's forum (including
meteorite vendors):
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/vendorann

And Classifieds and Swap-and-Shop sections (including meteorites).

BTW, there are no selling or listing fees and no membership fees when you
join Cloudy Nights.

Of course for those of you with an interest in Astronomy (like me) there are
also forums devoted to lunar and planetary observing, deep space and double
star observing, equipment and eyepieces, binoculars, telescope-specific
forums, astronomical art (which I like), sketching (which I am getting
into), among others.

Anyway, at least check out the Space Rocks forum. It's really nice.

-Walter Branch