[meteorite-list] holes in stone meteorites

From: ensoramanda at ntlworld.com <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 0:56:07 +0100

Trouble is you still get the authorities telling you what you can and can't do with holes just the same as meteorites.

as in the old Bernard Cribbins song...!!!

    There I was, a-digging this hole
    Hole in the ground, so big and sort of round it was
    And there was I, digging it deep
    It was flat at at the bottom and the sides were steep
    When along comes this bloke in a bowler which he lifted and scratched his head
    Well he looked down the hole, poor demented soul and he said

    Do you mind if I make a suggestion?

    Don?t dig there, dig it elsewhere
    Your digging it round and it ought to be square
    The shape of it?s wrong, it?s much much too long
    And you can?t put hole where a hole don?t belong

    I ask, what a liberty eh?
    Nearly bashed him right in the bowler

    Well there was I, stood in me hole
    Shovelling earth for all that I was worth I was
    And there was him, standing up there
    So grand and official with his nose in the air
    So I gave him a look sort of sideways and I leaned on me shovel and sighed
    Well I lit me a fag and having took a drag I replied

    I just couldn?t bear, to dig it elsewhere
    I?m digging it round cos I don?t want it square
    And if you disagree it doesn?t bother me
    That?s the place where the holes gonna be

    Well there we were, discussing this hole
    Hole in the groud so big and sort of round it was
    It?s not there now, the ground?s all flat
    And beneath it is the bloke in the bowler hat
    And that?s that

Graham Ensor UK