[meteorite-list] Alien Contact Predicted

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 04:42:34 -0700

Hi Listees,

On a lighter and much more important note...

"...Some leading astronomers are quite confident that mankind will make
contact with intelligent alien life within two decades..."

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/08/humans-predicted-to-make-contact-with-an-extraterrestrial-civilization-within-two-decadesa-galaxy-cl.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-524673/Humans-make-contact-aliens-decades-say-astronomers.html

I have a couple questions I've not really seen asked on this list in the
two years I've been a member.

Though I suspect it's probably because most believe it's not meteoritic.
It does have a relationship to meteoritics simply because of the
direction the science is headed. No I'm not talking Panspermia (though
I'm not convinced that's not possible) I'd like to pose the questions
anyway because I think they are directly related to meteorites and WHY
we study meteorites.

Who here believes in aliens? (sorry had to do it) lol

Seriously...

Who here believes that sometime in the near future we will discover, or
be discovered by another life form?

Now the next question... Assuming that we do find life out there in the
next couple decades.

Do you believe that extraterrestrial life will be intelligent or non
sentient microbial lifeform?

Carbon based or some other unknown form of life?

Hope I didn't open a can of worms here...

Naaa, Let's open that can and feast on the innards!

It truly is related to meteorites...

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA