[meteorite-list] Alien Contact Predicted

From: Phil Whitmer <prairiecactus_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:17:30 -0400

Eric:

It's my belief that We Are Alone! There's nobody out there. Life and
intelligence is a singularity, a miracle, call it what you will, it only
happened once, here on good old Planet Earth. We are the Seed that will
spread throughout the Universe by Space Migration. It's our manifest
destiny and a matter of survival. Nobody knows how or why it happened, it
just did. It was either God or chance, take your pick. There are those who
claim otherwise, but they have yet to provide even the thinnest shred of
evidence. Those who make extraordinary claims must provide some
extraordinary evidence to back it up. And they never do! Not one person
abducted by ETs has ever grabbed an alien cellphone or anything else to
prove they were aboard an intergalactic space ship.

The argument for aliens goes something like this: "Well there's billions and
billions of galaxies, one of them has to harbor life. It just has to! You
know, a billion monkeys typing for a billion years, and one of them writes
a Shakespearean Sonnet or the Book of Genesis, whatever. I think they will
just type gibberish for eternity. Life doesn't just pop up all over the
place. It can never be created in the laboratory. It's impossible to make
live stuff out of dead stuff! (Except for that one time.)

This argument puts a lot of faith in Chance and the Laws of Probability.
Might as well say Yahweh or Brahma did it. Evolution guided by chance and
probability, how is that any different from chaos and total randomness?

And why do the aliens always appear in trailer parks and never at Houston
Control, NAU, or the JPL?

Now if I could see one bit of hard evidence, I would change my mind in a
minute.

Just my dos pesos,

Phil Whitmer