[meteorite-list] Alien life? or Fungus from space? Or VIRAL HUMANITY?

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:25:14 -0700

Interesting perspective. I always thought it looked rather like bacteria
growth in a petri dish.

Kinda sad really. Maybe you're right. Maybe we are parasites on the
earth. Using up Earth's natural resources, devouring the planet, and
chewing up the growth media that is the land. When we're finished maybe
we'll start to devour ourselves, notwithstanding we might even destroy
ourselves completely with fire by war as the disease of humanity spreads
forth across the Earth.

Hmmm... Ok maybe that's a little melodramatic and over the top, but when
viewed from space and outside our little bubble of Earth, it's certainly
easy to see we're having a great impact on our planet.

What if these aliens we we're talking about are way more technologically
advanced by millions of years of adaptation and genetic engineering
enough to have evolved their thought processes to see early human, or
humanoid life as threats to developing planets? If extra terrestrial
life exists and they are much more technologically and intellectually
advanced than us, we might be in trouble if they ever come visit.

What if we are the virus that infests the living cells of the universe
called planets? I've seen video animations or simulations of what our
universe looks like from the outside as the camera slowly zooms out from
our planet showing first our system, then other systems, then our own
galaxy, galaxy clusters, and large dark voids between clusters, and
finally what seem to be pathways between these super clusters of
galaxies which are not unlike the neural pathways in our own brains.

Are we merely a virus, living on a brain cell of a larger living organism?

Gives a new perspective on Rob's earlier comment that our reality isn't
really real.

Maybe it's just relative...

Regards,
Eric Wichman