[meteorite-list] Have a Gut Feeling

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:45:22 EDT

>>the picture of steve was from 2 days after the fall. He was out along
with a bunch of other people the first week, but everyone threw in the
towel after about 10 days.<<

Oh that was Steve...Hopefully no one got abducted and experimented on. :O)

>>as for the difficult terrain, its certainly not Antarctica or Iraq,
but have you ever tried looking for meteorites inside corn fields?<<

Can't say I have...but I'd think it would be easier than in the mountains.

>>according to the guys I've talked to there are better/easier places to
find meteorites (like the desert)<<

Probably right. Too bad I wasn't into meteorite hunting when I lived near
the desert.
GeoZay