[meteorite-list] Meteorite Hunters Sentenced- new information

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:54:20 -0700

Dirk:

I concur with Eric and Mike Gilmer.

This is not news and no "new information" has come to light. The piece
you linked to was published on April 8 and today is August 25. How is
that a "new article"?

Just yesterday, I wrote a complimentary profile of my good friend
Sonny Clary, and it was published by TucsonCitizen.com. Isn't that
just the most amazing coincidence given the timing of your supposed
"new story"?

http://tucsoncitizen.com/lizard/2009/08/24/ralph-sonny-clary-meteorite-hunter-and-philanthropist-makes-important-donation-to-british-school-kids/

In my opinion, the above article is an accurate reflection of Sonny's
character -- a fine gentleman whom I've had the pleasure of knowing
for years. Anyone who has done any serious meteorite hunting has
likely wandered down the wrong path in the boonies at some point in
their career. I know I have. But how many of you have made a major
donation to school kids overseas?

Dirk, it's really obvious to anyone who knows these guys personally
that you are just meddling. Get some sense of perspective and stop
being so petty.

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.meteoritemen.com