[meteorite-list] Over 2000 Hits & Contest Update

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:11:51 -0700

Hey Bob, Anita, List,

Thanks for the plug for Spacifieds! I appreciate it. ;)

Also, Thank you very much for the kind words on what I'm doing Bob. I'm
trying against all odds, and fighting upstream and uphill, but it seems
to be working. We'll see.

I don't know about you, but I would certainly like better to read about
something that is contributing to the meteorite and astronomy world and
community as a whole, rather than the negative posts that's been posted
of late. Not to get into anything heavy, but I've written LONG emails
that I have not posted to the list concerning this issue. Rather than
post more negative content, I wanted to actually contribute something
instead. Something for everyone to use and enjoy.

To sum it up. If they can post their negative stuff without consequences
so can I! Simple as that. Sorry if that sounds petty or harsh or like a
double standard but sometimes the truth hurts. If Art would like to
suspend or take action against me for it then that is his prerogative,
and he needs to take action against EVERYONE else that has broken the
rules. If this thread turns into something else I will post ALL my long
emails which I chose not to post, and I will subside into the realm of
the lurkers. For now...

Anita I appreciate your honesty and bluntness, I apologize for causing
you any grief or making you feel that you needed to block my emails.
There was NO disrespect meant.

But I CANNOT nor will I apologize for my posts. Period. No offense, and
no disrespect intended to anyone. (hopefully someone will forward this
to her if she still has my email blocked.)

Before anyone judges me, my posts or my sites, I'd like you to think
back about the last month or two and the posts to the list, and you'll
be forced to agree that my posts, are NOTHING compared to the libelous,
and flaming attacks that EVERYONE has had to deal with.

I would rather keep it light, and positive in nature.

I created the Spacifieds.com for everyone, and that's why I've
"announced" it and given you guys "updates" to garner the excitement
that it will take to launch this site into a successful platform for
both the meteorite and astronomy communities.

I don't have to make it, I don't have to offer free ads, I don't have to
give away free links to dealer sites, I don't have to pay the fees it
costs me to run the site, I don't have to spend the time designing it, I
don't have to spend countless hours building and marketing it, I don't
have to build sites for other people on list, I don't have to help
people with their advertising in this down economy, I don't have to do
anything concerning this list.

I do it because I genuinely want to, and because I want to contribute
something to the community! NOT solely to make money or sell ad space.

I ask everyone, honestly which is worse? My so called "ads" or the
vitriol that's been spewed forth on this list the last couple months! If
you can answer that honestly I want to here from you.

By the way, take a look at my new site and take part. Don't just
complain about my posts. Have any of you actually gone to the site and
tried it?

You should... It is after all made for you guys!

Thanks everyone!

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA