[meteorite-list] "Meteorite Men" the Series

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:05:05 -0700

Dear Listees:

As a few of your already know, from our Twitter announcements and
Facebook page, Steve Arnold and I recently received exciting news from
our network. The "Meteorite Men" pilot was a success, received very
good ratings and feedback (thank you viewers!) and Science Channel has
ordered a series. Two additional documentary producers have joined the
original pilot team, and the new series will air in 2010. You'll
excuse us if we keep the details of where we're going and what we'll
be doing to ourselves for the moment : )

My esteemed editors at TucsonCitizen.com have encouraged me to keep a
"making-of" diary that will give readers a behind-the-scenes look at
how the show is created. For now, I'll be doing occasional diary
posts, with more regular entries while we are filming. I was rather
flattered that yesterday's TV diary entry became a featured story on
the front page of TucsonCitizen.com today:

http://tucsoncitizen.com

(please give the animated stories a couple of seconds to run through)

The direct link to the ongoing TV diary is here:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/lizard/category/meteorite-men-tv-diary/

If you'd like to receive the most up-to-date info about the show,
please join us on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/meteoritemen

Steve and I would like to thank everyone who has given us friendship,
support, and encouragement along the way. You know who you are. As we
continue to work on the new series, we'll do our very best to show the
meteorite community in a good light.

Respectfully,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org