[meteorite-list] Asteroid Art

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:57:23 -0500

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 03:35:18 -0700, you wrote:

>Thought I'd share...
>
>http://kaioshen.deviantart.com/art/Ti-ll-Sunrise-Comes-82000440

More asteroid art:

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3c2.html

A little more than half-way down the page. The image on the right is the
"asteroid hitting Earth" one that we've all seen a thousand times (including on
at least one meteorite book cover). The one on the left is unfamiliar, though
(from an old science fiction magazine that I was unfamilar with but now of
course want all the back issues.)

AND, I managed to make that link to a discussion of theoretical propulsion
technologies that I would have posted in the "speed-of-light" thread that the
Bloodster doesn't like on-topic! Well, as long as you concider asteroids
on-topic to meteorites, which most would...