[meteorite-list] August 24th fireball over Canada

From: rocks at projectargus.com <rocks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:31:55 -0400

Hi all,

I've been following eyewitness reports of a fireball that was seen at around
9:00pm on August 24th over Canada. I made a blog post about it the next
morning, where I compiled 25 eyewitness reports from Twitter users:

http://www.argusrocks.com/blog

Since I made that blog post, traffic to my website has jumped up. People
are finding my site by searching for "fireball in sky in montreal", "light
in the sky Aug 24th toronto", "Meteorite over ontario on august 24th", etc.
So, I think this is on a lot of people's minds.

Has anyone else been following this? This had to be a pretty big fireball
if people are still googling for it 3 days later. Three or four people have
said they saw pieces land. Nobody has found anything, but I don't know if
there are any serious hunters in the area.

--Noah