[meteorite-list] Alien Contact Predicted

From: Phil Whitmer <prairiecactus_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:13:40 -0400

Darren,

Of course I'm fixated on the origin of life, that's what this thread is
about isn't it? Nobody knows what life is or how it got started here on our
own home planet, so how could we possibly know it exists elsewhere? Just
because we want it to does not make it so. And I'm still waiting for the
slimmest most slender thread of evidence to back up those claims. I've heard
nothing but conjecture based on beliefs. Your belief in alien life forms
sounds religious to me, like you have faith in something you know ain't so.
Just like Carl Sagan. Carl really really wanted to believe in aliens, but he
was so smart, he knew that without evidence, you just couldn't go there.
Seti is one of the most noble experiments undertaken by mankind. When they
detect that repeating sequence of prime numbers, then I will go there and
take my place among the true believers.

The probabality of life popping into existence out of non living matter is
the smallest unit of measure above zero. Just think about it, it's not
alive, poof!, it's alive. To believe this extremely unlikely, some would
say stastically impossible thing, just happens over and over requires more
faith than I can muster.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, I'll say it till the
day I die and my atoms return to the cosmic dust from whence they came.
Just show me the money.

Yours in religiousity,

Phil Whitmer