[meteorite-list] Alien Contact Predicted

From: Bob King <nightsky55_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:14:51 -0500

Phil,
Back in the olden days (pre-18th century), meteorites from the sun was
not a leading theory. They were generally understood as being formed
by things like fire, earthly vapors and lightning. This is yet another
example of how ignorance was gradually transformed into understanding
by quizzical folks like Chladni and Howard. They tackled the question
of meteorite composition with open minds and chemical analysis. Also,
while meteorites contain many elements found in the sun, they lack
hydrogen gas, which comprises 94 percent of the sun's material. By no
means were people "dumber" in the past. Their attempts to solve the
problems of their time got us to where we are today. Let's hope the
humans of the year 3000 will look back on our efforts with some
measure of appreciation as well.
Bob