[meteorite-list] WAS Astronomy Art Spacifieds & Meteorite Contest Update, RAPIDLY BECOMING SPAM

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 11:38:40 -0400

Eric/All,

First, it was a duplicate post.

Second, I have to agree with Bob, et al, as these are ADS which are quickly
becoming spam if not marked as such. The notion that advertising is "free"
to those listing items is somewhat misleading, as the goal is clearly to
drive traffic so you can sell, well, ADS. Nothing wrong with this
whatsoever, Eric, but it is what it is so let's call a spade a spade.

Third, I really do appreciate your enthusiasm for the field and your
entrepreneurship when it comes to trying new things (and really do wish you
the best of luck with this advertising site), but I only listed a couple of
excess items there to help drive initial traffic (eBay truly is a mess, so
anything is worth a try) and don't want any free stuff in return. Should
one of my postings win some sort of freebie, please take it to a local
school's science class, share some of your meteoric enthusiasm with them and
leave it behind as a gift...a wonderful opportunity to make an important
donation and become a philanthropist ;-)

Thanks much, and all best,

Dave
www.fallingrocks.com