[meteorite-list] Website Promotion | 75% reduced eBay Store Fees test successful

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 09:43:54 -0700

Dear List and eBay Store Owners,

First a huge thank you to Mike Jensen http://www.jensenmeteorites.com/
for helping me test eBay's "Store Referral Credit" program.

Background:
If you have an eBay store and promote it from a source outside of eBay
you can receive a Referral Credit equal to 75% of the standard Final
Value Fee.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/referral-credit-faq.html

How it works:
The buyer must access your eBay store or an item in your eBay store from
a source outside of eBay and purchase an item from your store
inventory. Sorry... auctions do not qualify. The links to your store
must have ?refid=store or &refid=store at the end of the link. The
details are contained in the above eBay link.

I have included (?&)refid=store on all links on our new (still beta)
eBay page http://www.meteorite.com/ebay/ so anytime anyone clicks on an
item on our eBay page and a purchase is made the store owner will get
the referral credit as long as the purchased item qualifies.

To Test:
Using our eBay page I clicked on Mike's link and found his Meteorites
A-Z. I clicked on the A-Z link which took me to the A-Z page on Mike's
eBay store. I then purchased the book.
Mike emailed back yesterday the details of the transaction showing
eBay's normal fee would have been $2.99 but he received a referral
credit of $2.25 which calculates to about a 75% reduction in the Final
Value Fee.

Final Value Fee - Fixed Price $2.99
Store Referral Credit -- -$2.25

Store Owners with websites should edit the links to their eBay store to
include the above code and when emailing the met-list your store link be
sure to add the eBay code as well.

Everyone if free to use their link on our new eBay page for any
advertising purposes. For example Mike's link is
http://www.meteorite.com/ebay/index.htm?seller=Jensen_Meteorites

If you are having any difficulties after reading eBay's page
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/referral-credit-faq.html feel free to
contact me off list and I will help you set it up. I won't have time to
respond to anyone until Tuesday or Wednesday as I'm doing 13 hour shifts
today and tomorrow.

Hope this brings a little more money into your pockets!

Have a great day!

Paul