[meteorite-list] Shipping to Italy Question

From: Pekka Savolainen <nuuska_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:49:22 +0300

In all EU-countries you have to pay VAT, if the value of the shipment
outside EU is higher than the limit, in Finland some EUR 45.00 =
USD 64.00, and that means, the customs stops the shipment and you
have to clear it.

Given that EU law only requires that the standard VAT rate must be
at least 15% (in Finland 22%).

Usually "Rocks sample for study without value" works ok, and you
should not have troubles with customs in EU.

best,

pekka s

--
Pekka Savolainen