[meteorite-list] It Fell From Space

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:20:19 -0700 (PDT)

Before it gets lost in the building noise,

I saw a promo for the History Channel program "The Universe" airing tomorrow night and checked their website. Here's what it shows

 The Universe : It Fell From Space Airs on Tuesday September 01 09:00 PM EDT

Every year, thousands of objects both natural and manmade plummet through our atmosphere and crash into the Earth. These menacing messengers from the sky provide scientists with amazing insights into the natural, and not so natural, phenomena of the cosmos. From space rocks crashing through homes to cosmic boulders triggering mass extinctions to rocket parts landing on front lawns, explore objects that fall from the heavens, such as asteroids, comets, meteor showers and space debris.

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net