[meteorite-list] Classic Ebay Letter

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:44:11 -0800 (PST)

This dont pertain strictly to meteorites except that ebay has become the worlds best source of supply but last July ebay suspended me for a week because of something with my pearl auctions. They wouldent tell me what and a phone conversation with the worlds rudest person told me that it would be a security violation to tell me what was wrong with my auctions (Said if they told me what was wrong I could do things to get around the rules and list again). Usually they refused to even respond to emails asking what the problem was.
Well, they finally answered one of my emails asking what was wrong with my auctions. I still have no idea what was wrong with my auctions but at least they answered my emails.
Now I have to do some guesswork so that I can list pearls again. Not sure what counterfeit and replica items have to do with my pearl auctions.
Just goes to show. You cant depend on running strictly an ebay business
Cheers
DEAN

Dear Dean,

Thank you for writing eBay in regards to your items that were removed in
July.

Your listings were removed because it contained indicators that are
commonly associated with fraudulent listings.

Due to security concerns, I'm unable to share with you the specific
criteria that we used to make this decision. We keep this information
confidential, to prevent potential misuse.

Please understand that it's against eBay policy and illegal to sell
counterfeit or unauthorized items. This policy protects intellectual
property and protects buyers from purchasing counterfeit or fraudulent
items.

eBay can remove a listing if we believe that the sale of the item might
create liability for the buyer, the seller, or a third party.

For more information on the eBay Replica, Counterfeit Items, and
Unauthorized Copies policy, please visit:

 http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

Click the "Show" links for more information about the policy, examples
of items not permitted on eBay, and the reason why eBay has this policy.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust and Safety