[meteorite-list] Libyan (looks like a) crater

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:49:28 -0500

Hi Randy,

As a layman's wild uneducated guess, I'd say the "crater" is more
recent - perhaps from a bomb.

Given the accepted terrestrial age of LDG, the impact site is
presumably ~28 million years old.

I don't know, the feature in that photo doesn't look quite that old
and it looks too tenuous to survive for long in the state we see it.

This might be a case of wishful thinking. Although it would be nice
to finally find the crater associated with LDG.

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG