[meteorite-list] Indian scientists detect signs of life on Moon

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:06:19 +0000

Organic compounds are found in comets and carbonaceous chondrites; this has been verified many times.? The Moon has undoubtedly been pummeled by this space debris many times in the past, leaving traces behind.? It's a pretty far stretch to call it life, however; you may as well say life exists anywhere you can find these molecules, including airless asteroids and deep-frozen comets.? I don't know if this is reporter hype or simple ignorance.? We've seen both types.

Best!
Tracy Latimer