[meteorite-list] Tucson 2010 Show Website and News

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:44:53 -0800

Hi Carl,

> Rob,
> It all depends on when you go to either cities. Tucson's February
> weather makes it the peak tourist season. In a town filled with
> world class golf <courses> people are willing to pay for what they
get.

I would be willing to "pay for what I get" also. But when you consider
that I live in southern California where I have fabulous weather pretty
much all year, I don't go to Tucson for the weather. Or the golf.
(Sorry, dude, but are you really going to compare Tucson golf courses
to California or Las Vegas? Stone Canyon in Oro Valley is the only
Tucson-area course worthy of particular mention, and it's private.)

> If you want cheap?

No. I want REASONABLE. I don't stay in cheap hotels unless there is
no other choice.

> Go to Tucson during the Summer and then compare room rates with Vegas.

This isn't relevant -- we're talking about staying at the time of the
Tucson Show, not the time of year when it's cheapest to stay there.

> Vegas is higher during the Summer than Tucson is.

Yes, but it is NEVER higher at any time of the year than Tucson is
during
the Show.

> World Class Gambling aside, Tucson is a Much, Much better place to be
> than Vegas anytime! Carl

Well, you live there, as do a huge number of list members, so obviously
Tucson has a lot going for it. But you seem to think that Vegas is
nothing but gambling, and here you are wrong. Golf, top entertainment,
fabulous hotels and shopping, spectacular swimming pools, and some of
the best restaurants in the world. --Rob