[meteorite-list] Its Not A Crater

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:37:58 -0500

Hi Guys,

I was wondering around the fields of Lancaster PA near the high mass
zone of the newly computed fall line and happened across a really
weird hole. The hole is 5 feet wide, 6 feet long and about 16 inches
deep.

I posted pictures and information here:

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/baltimore-pa-meteor/its-not-a-crater/

I'm not saying this is a crater by any means and I understand that
meteorites do not make craters 99.9% of the time, however I still
think its really weird and I wanted to get some feedback as to what
you guys think.

Please read the post and look at the pictures and lmk your thoughts.

Thanks,

Mike