[meteorite-list] Ordinary chondrites - rarest to the most common classes

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:26:00 -0500

At 09:27 AM 12/16/2009, Chladnis Heirs wrote:
>Indeed,
>
>it's for the first time, that I read that R-chondrites are included in the
>OC-group. If so, why exactly them and not the K-chondrites, the Carbonaceous
>from grade 3-6, the ungrouped and the enstatite chondrites too?

I didn't say they ARE included in the OCs... I
said that I thought they should be. As far as I
know, I am alone in this opinion. There are only
two Kakangari-like chondrites, and I am not
prepared to put them anywhere. I'm not sure what
the rest of the question means, but many
ungrouped chondrites can be and are associated
with a major class, as in "ungrouped carbonaceous chondrite".

jeff