[meteorite-list] Ordinary chondrites - decimal metamorphic grade question

From: Matt Morgan <mail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:04:07 +0000

Since Darryl brought up his incredible LL3.05, I have to ask how does/can one classify the metamorphic grade to the to the tenths or now the hundredths of a decimal? I have had some tell me this is subjective and others say you need specialized equipment. Please, any researchers, explain.

Darryl-
I don't mean to pick on your material, but it is a question that has been nagging me for sometime and you stirred my brain!

Thanks in advance!
Matt
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites