[meteorite-list] Old-Time Cosmic Catastrophism is Alive and Well

From: Paul Heinrich <oxytropidoceras_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 02:25:25 -0600

Dear friends,

While searching the Internet, I can across examples that
show that no-holds-barred cosmic catastrophism is still
alive and well. Some examples include:

Spedicato, E., 2009, Hypotheses and Scientific Approaches
to Human Memory of Four Great Catastrophes. The 2009
Conference on Quantavolution, Kandersteg, Switzerland.

http://www.2009-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/fromfirstdayinge/index.html
http://www.2009-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/fromfirstdayinge/genexodus.pdf

Another lecture by Dr. Spedicato, "Solomon and Dionysus:
Who Were They? Two Mysteries Solved, Again Confirming
the Validity of Ancient Texts" at:

http://www.2009-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/solomonanddionys/index.html
http://www.2009-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/solomonanddionys/soldion2.pdf

Spedicato, E., 2008a, The Flood of Deucalion. The Paris
Conference on Quatavolution 2008, Universit? Pierre-et-
Marie-Curie, Paris, France.

http://www.2008-paris-conference.org/mapage13/index.html
http://www.2008-paris-conference.org/mapage13/deucalione-testo-inglese-1-.pdf
http://www.2008-paris-conference.org/mapage6/index.html

Spedicato, E., 2008a, From Phaethon to Pachamacac
Hypotheses and scientific approaches to human memory
of great catastrophes. The Paris Conference on
Quatavolution 2008, Universit? Pierre-et-Marie-Curie,
Paris, France. at

http://www.2008-paris-conference.org/mapage13/index.html
http://www.2008-paris-conference.org/mapage13/phaethon-to-chapamacac.pdf
http://www.2008-paris-conference.org/mapage6/index.html

A 2007 Conference on Quatavolution paper of his, "Geography
and Numerics of Eden, Kharsag and Paradise: Sumerian and
Enochian Sources Versus the Genesis Tale" is quite revealing.

http://www.2007-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/geographyandnume/index.html
http://www.2007-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/geographyandnume/kharsag-emilio.pdf

A similar catastrophist paper is:

Barbiero, F., 2007, Changes of Rotation Axis of Earth
after Asteroid/Cometary Impacts and Their Geological
Effects. 2007 Conference on Quantavolution. Kandersteg,
Switzerland. It can be found at:

http://www.2007-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/changesofrotatio/index.html
http://www.2007-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/changesofrotatio/confer-kandersteg-poles-ingl.pdf

In the 2009 Conference on Quantavolution, Barbiero has a
paper titled "Space-Time as a Field of Mass - A Proposal for
a New Model of Physical Reality" at

http://www.2009-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/space-timeasafie/index.html
http://www.2009-kandersteg.q-conferences.com/space-timeasafie/spacetime-as-a-field-new.pdf

I have absolutely no clue as to what Barbiero is talking about
in his 2009 paper. From what I found in this paper, I very likely
only need to start worrying if I did find something in this paper
that I understood.

However, Spedicato did get a paper published in a peer-
reviewed book: It is:

Spedicato, Emilio, 2008, Homer and Orosius: A Key to
Explain Deucalion's Flood, Exodus and Other Tales, in
S. A. Paipetis, ed., Science and Technology in Homeric
Epics, vol. 6, pp. 369-374. History of Mechanism and
Machine Science, Springer Netherlands.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/p4q2u4w414866053/
http://interval.louisiana.edu/conferences/2007_Stenger/Slides_of_talks/homer-fetonte-lampos.pdf

2006 version of this paper can be found at:

http://wwwdata.unibg.it/dati/bacheca/63/21693.pdf

It seems like Spedicato is an excellent example of how
far off the deep end that a scientist, in this case a
mathematician, can go when they conduct "research"
that is way outside their area of expertise.

Another paper that also appears in "Science and Technology
in Homeric Epics" is "A Comet During the Trojan War?" by Dr.
Stavros Papamarinopoulos at either

http://www.2008-paris-conference.org/mapage12/phaethon-in-springer-1-.pdf ,
http://www.2008-paris-conference.org/mapage12/index.html , or
http://www.springerlink.com/content/q721u76w20r64431/