[meteorite-list] Meteorite Deaths? Interesting old article-read

From: mail at mhmeteorites.com <mail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:18:53 -0800

A friend sent this link to me in regard to the Bear Creek meteorite.
<http://www.coloradohistoricnewspapers.org/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=Uk1ELzE4NjYvMDUvMTQjQXIwMDIwMA==&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom>

Near the end of the text it details the deaths of 3 monks and 2
Swedish sailors by meteorite impact!
Has anyone heard of this? The passage reads:

  "A few instances are on record of buildings being struck and set on
fire and persons struck dead by the fall of aerolites. These Three
monks were killed, one on the 4th September 1611, at Crema (?),
another at Milan, in 1650, and a third in the same place in 1660. In
1674 two Swedish sailors on board ship were killed by the fall of one."

Having never heard of this I searched the Catalog of Meteorites and
came up blank. Has anyone heard of these falls and can they be
substantiated?

Matt Morgan