[meteorite-list] Meteorite Deaths? Interesting old article-read

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:17:01 +0000

The falls you mention seem to be concentrated around the era in the Western hemisphere loosely called 'the Dark Ages.' While I have no reason to doubt that the people involved died, possibly even by meteorite, I find it odd that so many fatalities happened within a relatively limited time span, and they were identified as 'death by meteorite'. It wasn't until the 17- or 1800s that scientists even believed that rocks could fall from the sky. I'd want more proof before I wrote up that CSI report!

Best!
Tracy Latimer