[meteorite-list] Science Channel's Top Ten Meteorites Of All Time

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:52:58 -0800

Hi Jason,

I agree and realize the "Top Lists" have been discussed, but my point
was not about that or Willamette, or Hoba, or large meteorites at all. I
was stating in my opinion that the #1 meteorite of ALL TIME should be
the one in which another life form not from Earth is discovered. Isn't
this why science exists in the first place, to learn, to gain
knowledge,to understand, to find our origins, and to find other life forms.

A big meteorite means nothing in the scheme of things other than it's
BIG. Who cares how big a meteorite is really? There are millions of
other BIG meteoroids and asteroids floating around in our solar system
which have not impacted Earth that are much larger than anything ever
discovered on Earth. Top 10 meteorites of all time is such a subjective
list anyway, but my point is simple. What's more important, life or size?

Shouldn't the possible discovery of another form of life originating
from another planet outweigh a 60 ton meteorite?

Regards,
Eric