[meteorite-list] Only the best microscope ever!

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:41:24 EST

Hi List, That's a tall lead-in typed the Subject line. Maybe a few
qualifiers are in order such as polarizing optical microscope but that's about
it!

This microscope is listed on eBay. I don't know the seller and I wish I
was in the position to add a new scope to the family.

Many people (often list members) ask me about "what microscope do I buy?"
If you are going after a pleasant trip into the world of Xpol thin section
examination, this is one to get. You can spend more but you won't get
more. (Really, I don't know the seller!)

Personally, I would up the light source (it has the little 35W only) but
this is one of the microscopes designed to meet NASA's criteria for the first
 Moon rocks. This was the first series of scopes to use infinity focal
length in a transmitted light set up.

Any way, check it out and email me if you buy it! So I can live
vicariously through you for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180450924158&ssPageName=S
TRK:MEWAX:IT

Tom