[meteorite-list] Brenhams in Lucite in Tucson

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:33:24 EST

Hello List,

I arrived in Tucson last night after the long drive. It is great to be back
in town.

In addition to seeing many familiar faces, I was excited to have a chance to
see the batch of Brenham meteorite slices that Geoff Notkin and I
commissioned to be placed in Lucite. The shipment arrived in Tucson on Saturday.

Not only should this embedment be a permanent fix on the Brenham rusting
issue, these pieces have turned out to be VERY beautiful. Many will not even
recognize these as Brenham.

The meteorite that we took these slices from was from a Brenham specimen
that Geoff and I found a couple of months ago during the filming of our new TV
show that is scheduled to air on Discovery's Science Channel in May. So, the
items are more than just pretty Brenham slices, they are affordable mementos
of the TV program as well.

I am pretty sure this is the first one-hour TV show entirely devoted to
meteorite hunting, so here is your chance to grab a piece of history. This is a
true meteorite collectible.

When the TV show airs, and your friends who know that you are into
meteorites say "Hey, did you see that new TV show about meteorites?" You can respond
"Yea, I saw it, and not only that, I have an actual piece of that first
meteorite that Geoff and Steve dug up on the show, right here..." And you can
hand them your very own slice in Lucite.

We had just 100 part slices, all the same size, put into Lucite, and if you
are in Tucson, you have to stop buy Geoff and Anne's room to take a look at
them. Some of the slices have VERY green colored crystals, and a few are very
translucent, enough so that they almost have an "Esquel look" to them when
the light comes through from behind.

We are making these 100 each a "Limited Edition Tucson Show 2009
Collectible." Each numbered "___out of 100" with a C.O.A. and a photo from the TV
shoot included.

There are 8 pieces that I "high graded" as exceptional, and those will have
a premium on their price. As for the other 92, they are all the same size,
but there are varying degrees of quality in the pieces, and in their
translucency, but all of those will be kept at the same basic unit price.

So, I would suggest that if anyone is interested in looking at them, or in
buying one, the sooner you get by Geoff and Anne's room at the InnSuites, the
better the remaining selection you will have to choose from.

On another note, I am in town with a batch of other specimens that I am
carrying around. A lot of little items. So if anyone is interested in looking
at what I have, call me on my Cell at 620-770-9612 and we can arrange to meet
up and I can show you want I have.

Oh, and the Birthday Bash is revving up to be the best ever this Friday...I
can't wait. I hope to get to see many of you there again this year.

OK, I am off now to check out all the stuff here...

Steve Arnold #1
Birthday Boy #2

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://www.dell.com/co
ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals&#63;c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=d
hs%26&#126;ck=anavml)