[meteorite-list] AD - nice EL3 surface specimens

From: Phil Morgan <roxfromspace_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 19:46:29 -0700

The list is rather slow these days so thought I'd at least entertain
myself with a posting.

The fossil or paleo EL 3 material paired to NWA 2828/2965 is fairly
common these days but I ended up with some very nice surface specimens
and don't need them all. These are much nicer than the vast majority
of caliche covered stones dug up.

I have:
56g wind-sculpted specimen and I found a nice "ghost" chondrule. The
crystals are also fun to explore under magnification - more fun than a
cut specimen in my opinion. I've only found one other like this and
am keeping it.

152g with a black coating on part of it. I assume it's an oxide rind
of some sort but it displays nicely. The interior looks more
brecciated than layered.

170g flat and displays very large for it's size when stood up. This
one shows the weathering layering very nicely and there is an
inclusion/chondrule?

214g very colorful rounded stone and pulls strongly to a magnet. I
didn't think this was EL3 material at first. Nice chondrule on the
cut surface and shows more metal than the vast majority of this
material.

How about $0.08/g for the larger ones and $0.12/g for the 56g (unless
combined with another) plus shipping?

pictures are posted here...
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/EL3%20Sale/

Thanks,